Current version published: July 2022
Business on Purpose & our partners strive to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Business on Purpose & our partners use personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with BusinessOnPurpose.com.au (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Business on Purpose & our partners' practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning this Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to support (at) businessonpurpose.com.au
Business on Purpose's partners can include:
- Vision Australia
- Vision for your business
- Halftime Australia
- Thrive Media Network
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal information we gather
- How we collect personal information
- How we user personal information
- When and Why Business on Purpose Discloses Personal Information
- Personal Information Retention
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- EU Data Subject Rights
- Withdrawing Consent
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Business on Purpose Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
1) Personal Information Business on Purpose gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Business on Purpose collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Business on Purpose & our partners to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Business on Purpose & our partners. Business on Purpose & our partners may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
Transaction Information. Business on Purpose automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps Business on Purpose & our partners analyse and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Business on Purpose, information about how you use Business on Purpose’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Business on Purpose business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Business on Purpose collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on Business on Purpose’s blog, Business on Purpose may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
2) How Business on Purpose Collects Personal Information
Business on Purpose gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
If and when you are prompted and to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Business on Purpose or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Business on Purpose.
If and when you contact Business on Purpose via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
Lawful basis for Business on Purpose’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis Business on Purpose relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Business on Purpose & our partners in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimised and secure interaction. Business on Purpose & our partners make sure to weigh any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before processesing your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless Business on Purpose has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where the impact on you overrides Business on Purpose’s interests.
3) How Business on Purpose & our partners Uses Personal Information
Business on Purpose & our partners may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help Business on Purpose & our partners better understand you, to help Business on Purpose & our partners customise offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help Business on Purpose otherwise enhance the Site.
Business on Purpose & our partners use Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalise and continually improve users’ Business on Purpose experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Business on Purpose partners or third parties; and
4) When and Why Business on Purpose Discloses Personal Information
Business on Purpose will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Business on Purpose will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Business on Purpose Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Business on Purpose employs other companies to perform tasks on Business on Purpose’s behalf and therefore Business on Purpose must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Business on Purpose may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Business on Purpose’s rights or protect Business on Purpose property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Business on Purpose believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Business on Purpose believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Business on Purpose believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Business on Purpose believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Business on Purpose in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Business on Purpose believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- When working in partnership with other businesses as outlined in the terms and conditions section of any web page this is applicable to.
Business on Purpose will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Business on Purpose is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Business on Purpose’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why Business on Purpose discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Business on Purpose does not own or control, or individuals that Business on Purpose does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Business on Purpose’s control. Business on Purpose is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Business on Purpose Site. Business on Purpose encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Business on Purpose may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Business on Purpose may provide our partners, (such as Active Campaign or Salesforce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Business on Purpose users.
5) Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, Business on Purpose considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why Business on Purpose gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
6) Tracking Technologies - Indirect Data Collection
7) Choice and Control
While Business on Purpose & our partners do need to gather certain information to make your experience personalised and to conduct transactions for you, Business on Purpose & our partners want to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Business on Purpose & our partners may contact you about our services or your activity.
- If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Business on Purpose by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
8) Security of Personal Information
Business on Purpose & our partners strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Business on Purpose & our partners cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Business on Purpose & our partners strive to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
9) EU Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Business on Purpose holds about you and to check that Business on Purpose is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables Business on Purpose to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though Business on Purpose may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask Business on Purpose to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for Business on Purpose continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Business on Purpose to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where Business on Purpose may have processed your information unlawfully or where Business on Purpose is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that Business on Purpose may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where Business on Purpose is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it Business on Purposes on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Business on Purpose is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Business on Purpose may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Business on Purpose to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Business on Purpose to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where Business on Purpose’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Business on Purpose to erase it; (c) where you need Business on Purpose to hold the data even if Business on Purpose no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Business on Purpose’s use of your data but Business on Purpose needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. Business on Purpose will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Business on Purpose to use or where Business on Purpose used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where Business on Purpose is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Business on Purpose may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Business on Purpose will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
10) Withdrawing Consent
If Business on Purpose & our partners rely on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting Business on Purpose at support (at) businessonpurpose.com.au
11) Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Business on Purpose through the site. Business on Purpose utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Business on Purpose. Business on Purpose encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
12) Business on Purpose Blog
13) Changes to this Privacy Statement
Business on Purpose may, from time to time, in Business on Purpose’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. Business on Purpose encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
14) Contact Business on Purpose
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Business on Purpose by sending an email to support (at) businessonpurpose.com.au